Your Top 5 Dental Implant Questions Answered
By now, nearly everyone has heard the term dental implant, but do you know what these cutting-edge restorations are really all about? While in the past, patients were limited to bridges and dentures, modern dentistry now offers a healthier alternative: implant restorations! Want to know the whole story?
Here are Your Top 5 Dental Implant Questions Answered:
- How do dental implants work? When a tooth is lost, dental implants are often the healthiest option. Acting as a replacement tooth root, the actual implant is a small titanium cylinder that is surgically implanted directly into the jawbone where the tooth is missing. After the titanium bonds with the bone, it creates a strong foundation for an artificial tooth.
- What are some advantages of dental implants? Dental implants are considered to be the most modern and successful restorative treatment option available in dentistry today, and they offer several benefits over bridges and dentures. These include enhanced aesthetics, better bone preservation, convenience and better preservation of surrounding teeth.
- Do dental implants look natural? Yes, implant restorations are perfectly color-matched and blend in seamlessly with your natural teeth. What’s more, implants don’t just look natural – they feel natural! You’ll be amazed how much better you talk, chew and brush.
- What is the dental implant procedure like? The entire two-step process generally takes anywhere from three to six months. First, your implants are precisely placed into the jaw bone to mirror the location of your missing natural tooth. After you have healed and the implant has completely fused with your bone, we will then take impressions of your teeth in order to fabricate a connector post and crown. These are then precisely attached to the implant, completing the process.
- Are dental implants right for me? Facing one or more missing teeth? Implants may be your best bet! The best way to find out is to schedule an appointment at our Beverly Hills office!
Find Out if Dental Implants are Right for You
To learn more about dental implants or any of the services offered at our Cosmetic Dental Clinic, be sure to contact us right away. Our offices are located in Beverly Hills, and you can schedule your appointment at (310) 273-0111. Call us today.