Top 5 Patient Questions about Teeth Whitening
As a cosmetic dentist, I’m no stranger to questions from patients. And, there are few topics more popular than cosmetic teeth whitening. The go-to treatment for combating the appearance of stained and discolored teeth, many patients still don’t know what teeth whitening is all about. Because we know that the best patients are informed patients, we thought we would take a moment to clear a few things up. Want to know what other patients are asking?
Here is our list of the Top 5 Patient Questions about Teeth Whitening:
- Why do teeth become discolored? Your tooth’s enamel is porous, making it particularly susceptible to staining. Several factors can also accelerate tooth discoloration. These include age, heredity, smoking, drinking coffee, taking certain medications and much more. Thankfully, we can often “turn back the clock” with a teeth whitening regimen.
- What is a teeth whitening session like? During a teeth whitening session, a strong hydrogen peroxide gel is applied to the teeth which works to essentially “lift away” stains. We can also use a special light to speed up and enhance your results. While some patients see results after one whitening session, many will return several times until their desired level of whiteness is achieved.
- Is there an alternative to teeth whitening? For patients with permanently discolored teeth, we will often recommend porcelain veneers. Also known as “dental laminates,” veneers are thin, tooth-colored shells that are custom made and bonded to the fronts of the teeth. Veneers are often used to correct the appearance of chipped, cracked or gapped teeth as well.
- How long do results last? Each patient is different and should expect different results. And, how long your results last will vary based on several factors such as tobacco use as well as the foods and drinks you consume. Generally speaking, however, many patients find that their results last several months.
- How can I find out if teeth whitening is right for me? The best way to find out if teeth whitening is right for you is to schedule a consultation in your area. This is a time when we can assess your cosmetic goals and recommend the best course of treatment for you. It’s also a time to have all your questions answered!
Teeth Whitening Beverly Hills
Ready to find out what teeth whitening can do for you? Take the first step – contact us today. Our offices are located in Beverly Hills, and you can reach us directly at (310) 273-0111. We look forward to talking to you soon.
Category: Teeth Whitening