Invisalign® Beverly Hills
Now you can enjoy the smile you have always wanted without the annoyance of metal braces in your mouth. No huge brackets darkening your smile. No irritated lips or cheeks. No worries about mouth injury while playing sports.
Invisalign® is a remarkable system of virtually invisible aligners that straighten teeth comfortably without metal bands, brackets or wires. The pieces are custom-made to fit your teeth and are easily removable so you can eat, drink, brush, floss, and remove the aligners for special occasions if you need to. Best of all, no one will know you’re wearing Invisalign® aligners unless you tell them.
How does Invisalign® work?
Invisalign® uses advanced 3-D computer imaging technology to project tooth movement in each patient's unique mouth. This allows Dr. Sands to create a series of clear, custom-made aligners, also called repositions, that gradually move your teeth in line with one another. You wear each aligner for about two weeks, moving to the next set, and then the next, until you reach the goal you agreed upon with Dr. Sands. With Invisalign® , you'll enjoy the confident, beautiful smile you've always hoped for.
What does Invisalign® treat?
In addition to straightening crooked or misaligned teeth, Invisalign® can eliminate crowding and large spaces between your teeth. Even complex cases such as overbites, underbites and crossbites can be treated.
What are some of the benefits of Invisalign® over regular braces?
Invisalign® offers many benefits over traditional metal braces, including:
- Greater flexibility; aligners can be removed at any time
- Easy to keep the teeth clean and healthy
- No dietary restrictions
- No tightening sessions at the orthodontist's office; simply switch from one set of aligners to the next when the time comes
- Cosmetically appealing
- Low cost / flexible payment options
- Little to no impact on daily life
- Less pain
Is Invisalign® right for me?
There are many factors to consider when evaluating your candidacy for Invisalign® treatment. Some questions you may want to ask yourself are:
- Do you work closely with many people, speak in front of groups of people, need to make good impressions on people frequently, or otherwise engage in interactions where you would benefit from these near-invisible braces?
- Do you have a flexible enough schedule to make the follow-up appointments you'll need when undergoing Invisalign® treatment?
- Do you want to close gaps between your teeth or spread out crowded teeth?
- Do you want to correct an overbite or underbite?
- Are you over 14 years old?
These are only basic guidelines. The best way to find out if Invisalign® is right for you is to talk to your dentist or orthodontist.
How do I start my Invisalign® orthodontic treatment?
- Make an appointment with your dentist or orthodontist. During your consultation, you can decide whether you're a good candidate for Invisalign® and plan out your course of treatment. Impressions of your bite will be made and sent to Invisalign® for processing.
- Your aligners will be made using advanced 3-D computer imaging based on your bite impressions.
- You will receive your custom-made aligners.
- You will wear your clear and removable aligners day and night, according to your dentist or orthodontist’s instructions. They should only be removed to eat, drink, brush and floss; the more you take them out, the longer it will take for Invisalign® to achieve your goals.
- Watch as your teeth gradually transform before your eyes into the straight, confident smile that's been waiting to shine forth all your life!
How long does Invisalign® treatment take?
Typically, Invisalign® cases take about a year from start to finish. You will see your dentist or orthodontist for a brief appointment approximately every 6-8 weeks to review your progress. You will receive your next set(s) of aligners at each visit. Treatment time and the number of aligners you receive will vary case by case.
Does Invisalign® work?
Yes, Invisalign® has been shown to be highly effective at straightening teeth.
Is Invisalign® covered by insurance?
If you have dental insurance that covers orthodontic treatment, Invisalign® should qualify. To be certain, call your insurance company before you begin treatment.