Dental Bridges in Beverly Hills
When one or more teeth are missing, a Dental Bridge can be an effective and attractive restorative solution. Bridges, which are sometimes referred to as “fixed partial dentures,” can correct a host of issues.
A dental bridge can:
- Restore your smile.
- Reduce your risk of gum disease.
- Enhance your ability to bite and chew.
- Improve your speech.
- Prevent remaining teeth from drifting out of position.
What are the different types of dental bridges available?
There are several different types of dental bridges available. While some bridges are fixed into place with cement, others can be removed for ease in cleaning. Today, there are three main types of bridges available, and during your consultation, we will determine the best option for you.
Today’s three main types of dental bridges:
- Traditional bridge: A traditional bridge is essentially an artificial tooth with crowns on both sides. These crowns are applied to natural teeth or implants surrounding the missing tooth. A traditional bridge is also referred to as a “fixed bridge,” and can be used to replace one or more missing teeth. This is the most common type of bridge and is made of either porcelain fused to metal or ceramics.
- Cantilever bridge: A cantilever dental bridge is similar to a traditional bridge except that the false tooth is being supported by only one adjacent tooth. This restoration is suitable for areas in the mouth that are under less stress, such as your front teeth.
- Resin bonded bridge: A resin bonded bridge, also known as a Maryland bonded bridge, is essentially an artificial tooth with “wings” on either side. These wings are attached to the surrounding teeth from behind. A resin-bonded bridge is an ideal solution for the front teeth or “smile teeth,” as the surrounding teeth do not have to be ground down and the bridgework can often blend in seamlessly with your natural smile.
What is the bridge procedure like?
Modern dentistry allows bridge procedures to be comfortable and relatively painless. As a Beverly Hills Cosmetic Dentist, I am committed not only to restoring your oral health, but achieving the beautiful smile you’ve always wanted. During the procedure, we first prepare the teeth adjacent to the bridge. This involves removing some of the natural enamel to allow room for the crowns. Next, we take an impression of your teeth which is sent to the lab. While your bridge is being created, we will place a temporary bridge to protect your teeth and gums. At your second visit, you will “try on” your new bridge to ensure that it fits properly and looks perfect.
Our goal is to guide you comfortably through the whole process. During your consultation, we will discuss all the possible risks and limitations of bridgework, as well as how you can care for your bridge going forward. With good oral hygiene, you can expect your bridge to last from 5 to 15 years, and sometimes longer. So, take the first step - schedule your appointment today!
In need of a dental bridge?
Suffering from one or more missing teeth? You can do something about it. Dental bridges are a time-tested and effective way of restoring the function of your teeth - as well as your beautiful smile! Contact us and schedule your consultation today. We can also discuss whether you’re a candidate for Dental Implants, an attractive surgical alternative to bridgework. Our Beverly Hills dental offices can be reached at (310) 273-0111. Let us help you achieve the smile of your dreams!