Deciding to Get Adult Braces or Invisalign
There are a number of reasons why braces are put on children and adolescents, and not all of them are aesthetic. However, adult braces are typically used for cosmetic purposes. If you are considering traditional braces or Invisalign, ask yourself the following questions.
Questions to Ask Yourself and Your Dentist Before Choosing Adult Braces or Invisalign
- How long will the treatment take?
- Am I prepared to deal with the care required to deal with adult braces for many weeks or months? Will I be able to schedule the required dentist visits?
- Can braces/Invisalign improve my bite and straighten my teeth?
- Will I need retainers or other appliances after I'm finished with Invisalign?
- Am I comfortable adapting to eating and speech habits that may be required while wearing braces or Invisalign?
- What will the costs be? Do the costs quotes cover all likely needs?
- Can I expect the results of the dental appliances to be permanent?
Invisalign is an option commonly selected by adults in need of braces because the devices can be removed and are virtually invisible when worn. This type of appliance better fits into an adult lifestyle. Contact us to learn more.