Top Reasons to Consider Porcelain Veneers
Porcelain dental veneers are thin shells custom-made to fit over the front of your teeth. These shells are effective in covering teeth that are chipped or discolored. Porcelain veneers are also highly effective for fixing minor issues, such as gaps between teeth.
Let’s take a closer look at this dental technique, and some of the advantages that make patients consider it:
- Porcelain veneers look natural. Porcelain veneers are designed to replicate the natural appearance of teeth, while also providing strength and resilience to tooth enamel. Porcelain veneers are created specifically for each patient, so it is almost impossible to tell the difference between the veneers and natural teeth. They also keep your natural teeth intact, with only a minimal amount of teeth being altered to properly fit the veneer.
- Porcelain veneers are stain-resistant. Common habits such as drinking coffee, or smoking cigarettes, can cause the appearance of stains on teeth. Some teeth are also resistant to whitening or bleaching. Porcelain veneers correct this issue, since they are stain resistant.
- Porcelain veneers do not require any special care. Porcelain veneers do not require any special care. Simply following a good oral hygiene regimen, including brushing and flossing normally, should be enough to care for them. Teeth with veneers can still experience decay, so it is important to care for them properly.
- Porcelain veneers are durable. Porcelain veneers are considered highly-durable, and are not usually known to fall off or chip. Generally, veneers last between 5 and 10 years, and may need to be replaced after this time.
- Porcelain veneers are a good alternative to dental crowns. Dental crowns are made of stainless steel and are placed over a tooth, restoring size and shape to the tooth. Although similar to veneers, dental crowns require an extensive shaping prior to being placed over a tooth. Porcelain veneers do not require a long shaping process, and so they can be placed over teeth sooner than crowns.
Porcelain Veneers in Beverly Hills
Are Porcelain Dental Veneers for you? Contact us today to schedule a consultation. Our cosmetic dental offices are located in Beverly Hills, and you can reach us directly at (310) 273-0111. We look forward to meeting you soon!