Top 5 Advantages of Dental Implants
Before we can understand the advantages of dental implants, we must first look at why a patient would need an implant in the first place. In essence, when a tooth is lost or removed, a dental implant acts as a replacement tooth root. That is, a rock-solid foundation for an artificial tooth. Although the implant procedure is quite advanced, it's not difficult to understand.
Implants, themselves, are small titanium cylinders that are surgically implanted into the jawbone where teeth are missing. Over time, your natural bone will fuse with the implant, ensuring a sturdy base for a beautiful replacement tooth. For many patients, this more permanent solution can have benefits over a traditional, removable dental bridge.
Choosing Dental Implants
Dental Implants can mean the difference between the smile you have and the smile you have always wanted. Health information website, WebMD, also lists a few advantages of this cutting edge treatment.
Borrowing from WebMD's list, here are the top 5 advantages of dental implants along with our thoughts on the matter:
- "Easier eating." Dental implants function just like your own teeth--and that includes eating! Unlike with some dentures and bridges, you'll be able to chew and eat confidently.
- "Improved appearance." Dental implant restorations will not only function like your natural teeth, but look just like your natural teeth. Since many dental implant restorations are translucent, they can blend in seamlessly with your natural teeth.
- "Improved oral health." When a tooth is removed or lost, often the healthiest option is a dental implant. Since neighboring teeth don't have to be drilled down and altered, you're left with more of your own natural tooth material. Also, implants are one of your best lines of defense against adjacent teeth shifting out of place.
- "Durability." A dental implant acts as a rock-solid, durable foundation for an artificial tooth. With proper care and oral hygiene, many implants will last a lifetime.
- "Convenience." Simply put, removable restorations like dentures are more work. Since your dental implant will literally become part of your mouth, you can forget about sticky adhesives and denture cleaners. That's truly something to smile about!
Find Out if Dental Implants are Right for You
To learn more about dental implants or any of the services offered at our Cosmetic Dental Clinic, be sure to contact us right away. Our offices are located in Beverly Hills, and you can schedule your appointment at (310) 273-0111. Call us today.
Category: Dental Implants